Speakup patches on 4.10. kernel

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Mon May 1 09:14:04 EDT 2017

Hi,

I compiled and installed my 4.10.7 kernel. Everything worked fine. I'm using
the DECtalk Express. If anything, it seemed slightly more responsive. The
only problem I noticed is if there is a lot of text being displayed,
pressing Enter on the numpad takes a few seconds to stop speech. I noticed
this several times and can easily reproduce it, such as going to a page on
github with Lynx. If not much text is displayed, speech stops immediately.

Another problem I had is if i switch to another console, none of the Speakup
keys work. Pressing any key on the numeric keypad gives silence. Speakup
still reads text on the screen, but review commands do nothing. This could
be a local system problem and I should investigate further.

Those were the only issues I noticed. I don't use Speakup-R, so I can't
comment on indexing. Again, thanks for the huge amount of work on these patches!

--
James 5:16 Confess therefore your sins one to another, and pray one for
another, that ye may be healed. The supplication of a righteous   man