DecTalk External (decext) testers wanted!

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon May 1 05:31:57 EDT 2017

Hello,

John Covici, on dim. 30 avril 2017 04:18:12 -0400, wrote:
> If there is a lot of output, it takes a very long time -- 30 seconds
> or more to shut up when I hit the enter key on the numpad.

Okash, this may be related with the serial port layer buffering data. I
realize that we haven't made the synth_flush functions call the
flush_buffer tty ops. We need to do so, otherwise even if we send the
clear character, that's only after the processing of pending data.

So in the synth_flush functions, one needs to first call flush_buffer()
and then send the clear character.

Yes, flush_buffer is yet another method to be added to the spk_io_ops
structure. In the serialio case, you can just let it do nothing. One
could want to flush the UART 16550 buffer but that's not the point of
your patch anyway :)

Samuel