OT installing nfbtrans on Debian

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Sun Mar 5 08:36:02 EST 2017

No, make is a general-purpose tool that can do and does several jobs
depending on the code in the Makefile.  In nfbtrans specifically make
lowercase only does part of the dos to unix conversion job.  The unzip
utility on linux has command line switches to do the job more
thoroughly.  Had I used the switches in unzip I would not only have had
everything lowercase those ^m at the ends of lines would also be gone.
Probably the best way to describe make is that make is a tool for
managing groups of files.