Test repo updated

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Mon Jun 26 18:46:09 EDT 2017

Hello,

Gregory Nowak, on lun. 26 juin 2017 15:35:08 -0700, wrote:
> Using cat however just sat there with no input coming, which isn't
> what I expected.

Indeed, that's a bug that should be reported to the USB lp driver
maintainer.

> Since I wasn't sure if dev=/dev/usb/lp0 would be processed, I created
> a softlink linking /dev/usb/lp0 to /dev/lp1,

The speakup module does not read /dev, it uses the tty names.

Could you tell us the content of /proc/tty/drivers?

Perhaps it should then be dev=usb/lp0

> I'll try echoing \n and \r\n to the blazer, and will report back if
> that produces speech. Is there some way to debug the bns driver to see
> what it is sending, and getting back?

In the case at stake, it's not even the bns driver which is reporting
the error, but the ttyio code itself. You can try to put printk() calls
in the ttyio probe function, to check which path it is following.

Samuel