The unicode support

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Mon Jun 12 04:46:06 EDT 2017

Hi Zahari,

On Thu, Jun 8, 2017 at 7:02 PM, Zahari Yurukov <zahari.yurukov at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> What happened to the unicode support? Aren't there plans for releasing it?
> It's not in 4.11.3, and I don't know what code is in staging-testing and staging-next branches, but I can't compile speakup alone and install it to my stock Fedora kernels any more, like I did until now. I. e. the code is different and I can't load the module into those kernels.

Sorry about delayed reply. I'm pretty sure those patches are in
staging-next. They seem to be in v4.12 rc releases too.

Compiling speakup from staging-next will fail in 4.11.3 because of
external changes. I created this [1] repo for testing new speakup. It
contains the patch needed for compiling speakup in 4.11.3 or earlier.
There are instructions there too. Do let me know if you get problems.

Thanks,
Okash

[1] https://github.com/bytefire/speakup-decext