supporting more than ttyS*

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Fri Jun 2 20:44:51 EDT 2017

On Fri, Jun 02, 2017 at 07:56:57PM -0400, Samuel Thibault wrote:
> Uh. Well, probably, actually. It's a matter of writing the driver, i.e.
> having a documentation of the protocol and somebody to do the tests, or
> better, lend the hardware for testing.

We already have the driver, for serial anyway. The blazer uses the bns
driver. It sounds from what you said like it wouldn't be straight
forward to open the parallel port instead of the serial port, and just
start writing to it. I thought actually that using the parallel port
is more straight forward, since there are no parameters like baudrate,
stopbits, parity, and handshaking to set. Am I totally off here?

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1