Using console text editors with Speakup

James Austin james.londonsw15 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 26 17:21:50 EDT 2017

Hello

I am not sure if this is the right forum to ask this question, so
apologies if not. Please feel free to point me to the correct place. But
here goes.

I am quite a new or should I say casual Linux user. I am currently using
the latest LTS of Ubuntu running in a VM. After days of searching and
tinkering, I finally have Speakup working. Yay! I am really impressed
with it, so thank you.

Could anyone please give me some pointers on using VI or VIM or some
other console editor with Speakup please? When I navigate using the VIM
key bindings, Speakup either does not respond, or does so
intermittently. Am I missing something that I should have set?

I am quite comfortable moving around the filesystem, having been an OS X
user for over ten years and doing a lot of command line work in that time.

Thank you

Best

James