Read this first :) Re: [patch 0/6] staging: speakup: Introduce TTY-based comms

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Sun Feb 26 05:29:37 EST 2017

Okash Khawaja, on dim. 26 févr. 2017 09:53:11 +0000, wrote:
> > - in the meanwhile, you can work on adding a "char *dev" synth parameter
> >   which would replace the "ser" parameter, and writing a function which
> >   translates it into an MKDEV(major,minor) pair (first implement it for
> >   "ttyS*", then for "ttyUSB*", etc.)
>
> Sounds good. Should this be done before pushing to linux-kernel?

It'd say no need to: the discussion with linux-kernel will be about tty
stuff. Next to the MKDEV line you can put a "TODO: support more than
ttyS*" to make it clear that we'll work on it after that.

The idea is that the discussion with linux-kernel will probably take
some time, during which you'll probably have the time to implement it,
and we can push that after (or probably within the late iterations of
pushing to linux-kernel).

Samuel