Unused synth_immediate method

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Tue Feb 21 11:53:15 EST 2017

On Mon, Feb 20, 2017 at 10:01 PM, Okash Khawaja <okash.khawaja at gmail.com> wrote:

>> On 20 Feb 2017, at 21:52, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>>
>> Okash Khawaja, on lun. 20 févr. 2017 21:49:31 +0000, wrote:
>>> Keeping spk_ttio_out() as it is also means that it mirrors
>>> spk_serial_out behaviour more closely while having few side effects,
>>> i.e. restarting of TTYs.
>>
>> Actually, spk_serial_out does have the side effect of restarting TTYs
>> etc. on error, that's done by the spk_wait_for_xmitr() call. That's
>> actually one of the reasons why I was thinking that spk_ttyio_out should
>> be doing it.
>
> Ah okay. Right in that case it's actually better now because that side effect will at least be explicit.
>
> Thanks
>

>> Samuel

Should spk_ttyio_out() also take in synth instance as its first
argument? That will ofcourse mean changing signature of serial_out
method inside spk_synth struct.

Currently it uses a global synth instance which gets asigned in
do_synth_init() which is fine but leaves one wondering where it came
from.