Unused synth_immediate method

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Mon Feb 20 07:23:45 EST 2017

Hi,

> On 19 Feb 2017, at 23:06, Samuel Thibault <samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org> wrote:
>
> Okash Khawaja, on dim. 19 févr. 2017 10:44:36 +0000, wrote:
>> Some drivers like apollo and bns only assign synth_immediate method in
>> their spk_synth structs but don't seem to use it. For those drivers,
>> can it be set to NULL?
>
> I guess this method could be useful for some screen reading features,
> just not used yet.

I see. Now because they are assigned but not used, they may cause confusion. For example, spk_synth_immediate uses outb. When migrating a synth to ttyio, if synth_immediate is left assigned, it may look like that synth isn't fully migrated yet.

We can leave as it is although I would prefer it to be set to NULL until it is actually used.