usb-autoload

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 10:48:40 EDT 2017

Hi,

When we implement our usb-serial driver, how will that driver tell
speakup_ltlk etc the minor device number?

I'm assuming this scenario: no speakup module is loaded, then user plugs in
usb synth, our usb-serial driver gets loaded which finds out minor device
number, and then loads something like speakup_ltlk and passes major and
minor device number to it.

I am thinking of modifying speakup driver so that it can take in dev
parameter after it has been loaded. Is there a simpler way?

Thanks,
Okash