Debian: speech goes silent in VMware

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Aug 15 23:37:13 EDT 2017

On Tue, Aug 15, 2017 at 09:46:54PM +0200, Øyvind Lode wrote:
> On 15 August 2017 at 19:34, Gregory Nowak <greg at gregn.net> wrote:
> > Any particular reason why you didn't select your boot media as part of
> > the vm setup, instead of wanting to select it at boot?
> No, the only reason was that I did not see any dialog asking for boot
> media during vm config wizard.
> Either it's not there or NVDA skips it while I navigate through the UI.
> I'll test tomorrow at work and have a colleague to look at the screen
> while I configure the vm.

No, the boot media selection isn't part of the guest creation
wizard. I personally feel that's a good thing. You need to go into the
settings for the guest in question after you create it, and select the
boot
media from
there under the storage tab. You can either attach a iso file, or if
you have physical media, put it into your physical dvd drive, and
select your physical dvd drive as the boot media.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net
skype: gregn1