speechd-up not working on text console

chrys chrys at linux-a11y.org
Tue Aug 15 06:17:02 EDT 2017

Howdy,

i know its already fixed :) but say my little penny:
did you run it as root? does speechd-up require root?
if it does i see similar issues while my development in fenrir using
speech-dispatcher. running spd-conf as root and user and select explicit
pulseaudio as output solves that issues (if it is the same problem).
running speech-dispatcher via pulse on root does also require some pulse
setup to stream the "root" sound to the normal user.
i create a script that would do that.
https://raw.githubusercontent.com/chrys87/fenrir/master/tools/configure_pulse.sh

not sure if that makes sense for your issue. i just see this here on
many fenrir setups (using the speech-dispatcher driver).
cheers chrys