debian wheezy upgrade with doubletalk

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Aug 8 16:57:14 EDT 2017

On Mon, Aug 07, 2017 at 10:42:36PM -0700, Tom Fowle wrote:
> Having more and more troubles with ssl "unable to get secure connection"
> errors
>
> Have done
> apt-get update
>
> Presume I should do
> apt-get upgrade

Yes, apt-get dist-upgrade likely wouldn't hurt either. I am still
running a couple wheezy installs which I haven't migrated to devuan
yet, and am not seeing any ssl connection issues.

> but not sure if I must limit to a particular kernel to be sure the synth
> will still work.  If so, how do I do that and what version is safe?

Yes, as I've explained to you privately a while back, be sure you boot
with your wheezy 3.2.0 kernel if you want your doubletalk pc board to
still work with speakup. The simplest way to do that is to not install
a newer linux-image package. If you currently have a linux-image meta
package installed, uninstall it before you upgrade.

> Or could I do something like
> upgrade open-ssl

I'd suspect ca-certificates to be out of date more than openssl. Try a
dist-upgrade first.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net