staging: speakup: add send_xchar, tiocmset and input functionality for tty

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Sat Apr 29 05:00:40 EDT 2017

Hi Rob,

On Sat, Apr 29, 2017 at 02:37:26AM -0500, Rob wrote:
> Okash Khawaja <okash.khawaja at gmail.com> wrote:
> > This patch adds further TTY-based functionality, specifically implementation
> of send_xchar and tiocmset methods, and input.
>
> Just out of curiosity, do you have all these patches archived somewhere so they can be applied all at once? I've not been following closely all the recent developments, so forgive me if this has already been answered.
Yes, I created a set of instructions here
https://github.com/bytefire/speakup-decext. The patches target kernel's
staging-next branch which has some problems with USB (although that
might have been fixed now). So the instructions target the latest stable
release - 4.10.x. Although it says decext, the changes can be tested
with any of the external synths. Please ask if you have questions.

Related discussion is in this thread:
http://linux-speakup.org/pipermail/speakup/2017-April/060629.html.

Thanks,
Okash