EASIER WAY TO INSTALL DEBIAN

KatolaZ katolaz at freaknet.org
Wed Apr 19 10:19:32 EDT 2017

On Mon, Apr 10, 2017 at 05:09:10AM -0500, Craig Martin wrote:

> Hi, All.
>
> I am running version seven Debian, and have run into a stumbling
> block.  When I try to install the system on my small netbook, it has a
> fit, telling me it needs a set of libraries.  The gentleman asssisting
> me says the sources.list file isn't pointing to the right place in the
> Debian repository? This sources file is on the debian network install
> disk.  Where do I find a good sources file?  I'm told not to place the
> sources file from any of my oter computers on that machine because of
> it's archetecture.  Should I upgrade to version eight?  The system
> says it's supporting a new directory structure. It hangs on a temp
> file, and I hafta do a control C to bail out.  Since the system was
> crashed, I even tried a dist-upgrade.  Should I buy a complete set of
> Debian Eight disks and install them?  I've also asked a friend if
> Ubuntu has Orca?  Does Ubuntu have Speak Up in it's repository? Does
> it have eximm four and n m h mail software?  I'm used to those?

Hi Craig,

I don't know if my message is anyhow relevant to you. I have been
working for several months on a minimal live iso of Devuan (yes,
Devuan http://www.devuan.org -- the fork of Debian without systemd)
with a special focus on accessibility.

The distro has only cli and curses utilities (no X11), and has been
tested at different stages by several people in the Speakup mailing
list, who have provided valuable feedback. If you are interested, you
can find the images and more information at:

  http://kalos.mine.nu

Again, please accept my apologies if this is not relevant to you. I
would appreciate any feedback you might want to provide :)

Best Regards

KatolaZ