DecTalk External (decext) testers wanted!

Keith Barrett lists at barrettpianos.co.uk
Wed Apr 19 07:58:11 EDT 2017

Hello Okash,

I have tried removing all 3 options and various combinations of them and
still no joy.

Not sure what else I can do now.

The old kernel is 4-9.x.  I did a fresh install of stretch rc3 am64, if
any one would like to reproduce the sympton.

Think I will wait and see if any one else gets this working as I need to
do some work now.

On 18/04/17 00:01, Okash Khawaja wrote:
> Hi Keith,
>
> I'm using arch linux which keeps it's kernels fairly up to date.
>
> If the kernel version isn't too old, i.e. 4.5 or later then that should be fine. Still I think it will be worth commenting out all three config options on your system and then trying.
>
> Cheers,
> Okash
>
>> On 17 Apr 2017, at 23:28, Keith Barrett <lists at barrettpianos.co.uk> wrote:
>>

>> Hi Okash,
>>
>> What system are you using for your tests?
>>
>> I was using stretch am64 rc3 but as the machine is not being used for anything else, I could get something else on it for testing.
>>

>>> On 17/04/17 22:57, Okash Khawaja wrote:
>>> Hi Keith,
>>>
>>> This might be because the existing config is too old for 4.10 kernel.
>>> I wouldn't know the solution without trying it out. From one of the
>>> links I posted above, they removed following in 4.5 kernel:
>>>
>>> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_ALL
>>> CONFIG_MODULE_SIG_KEY