[patch 0/7] staging: speakup: migrate synths to use TTY-based comms

Okash Khawaja okash.khawaja at gmail.com
Mon Apr 3 16:21:23 EDT 2017

Hi,

This patchset migrates synths to use TTY-based comms instead of directly using
serial i/o. The move doesn't cover those synths which do need direct access,
e.g. some which talk over ISA.

Please note that this patchset applies on top of current staging-next branch of
Greg Kroah-Hartman's tree as that contains some other changes to speakup and
tty drivers that have recently gone in. So the first patch makes ammendments to
TTY code which allows speakup to access and tty device. Next patch adds
spk_ttyio.c which contains TTY-based initialisation and output functionality.
Next patch migrates those synths which only use output: dummy, acntsa, bns and
txprt. Then we add xchar and tiocmset functions. Next we rearrange the code
such that input functionality is grouped under a few methods inside spk_synth
and spk_io_ops structs. That paves the way for simple migration of other synths
to TTY. The final patch does that for apollo, ltlk, audptr, decext, dectlk
and spkout.

Thanks,
Okash