Vinux5.1 with Voxin?

David J. J. Ring, Jr. n1ea at arrl.net
Wed Sep 28 09:35:01 EDT 2016

Larry,

You were answered about this by Rob on the Vinux Mail List.

QUOTE
To make Voxin default in the console as well make ibmtts the default
module in speechd.conf
/etc/speech-dispatcher/speechd.conf
change
defaultmodule espeak
defaultmodule ibmtts

cheers
Rob
UNQUOTE

Did you do this?

Right below this is a line:

#LanguageDefaultModule "en"  "espeak"

It's commented out so it has no effect on the configuration now, but if
you have bought the USA English module in addition to the UK English
module, you might try changing it.

I don't know if this is correct but try it:

LanguageDefaultModule "en-us"  "ibmtts"

Best wishes,

David

Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 01:22:02PM -0700