One Grub, two systems, no solution after all.

Chuck Hallenbeck chuckhallenbeck at gmail.com
Mon Sep 26 15:21:42 EDT 2016

On Mon, Sep 26, 2016 at 01:37:37PM -0500, Rob wrote:

> You will want to directly edit
> /boot/grub/grub.cfg
> look for the line that starts something like
> linux some other stuff/boot/vmlinuz-something-else
> add
> loglevel=1
> to the end of the line.

Okay, did that. I hesitated hand editing that file before, since
a later use of grub-mkconfig would clobber my edits.
But, it seemed to work once, then two other boots failed to work.
Since it's variable even without that addition, it seems not to make a difference.

But the messages I'm seeing all seem to be systemctl related, i.e.
about locating the network, starting sound output, etc.
I can't quote them too easily since the login prompt clears the screen.

Chuck

Willoughby Ohio
   Temperature 64°F
   Conditions Overcast