Enabling Speakup in Vinux?

Hart Larry chime at hubert-humphrey.com
Fri Sep 16 19:19:47 EDT 2016

Hi All: First, I had no easy way of joining a Vinux list, as you must sign in
through google groups-and-google won't even send a password reminder, and
writing to a contact address at Vinux did no good.
It would sure be alot easier-and-`much more helpful if they had a windows
executable to run to install, instead of needing to jump through hoops with an
iso. To my surprise it let us install Vinux along side windows vista, without
nuking a JAWS authorization.
So now if I boot Vinux, I get what seems to be a graphical with `horrible
speech, probably e-speak. But if I switch to a console, I get no speech. I did
purchase Voxen, which I would always rather hear. Unfortunately, the Vinux WIKI
does not provide any instructions in configuring or setting up speech. Also,
while I don't mind having graphical as an option, I would rather it boot in a
TCSH shell with Speakup-and-Voxen. I can supposedly edit whatever files would be
required, in Notepad in windows to accomplish these, if some1 will please inform
what to edit. This is a 64bit image, for some reason, as a duel boot there are
some other test items which I should remove. On the WIKI, it makes refferences
to having both Speakup-and-YASR, so please, how do I enable these? Thanks so
much in advance
Hart