bleeps and does anyone use goto

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at shawnk.ca
Mon Sep 12 02:00:11 EDT 2016

I would use goto but in my kernel this doesn't work propperly at all. I'm on
a slightly older kernel version so maybe this has been fixed in a later
version.
What I'd like to have is the ability to map going to a specific line to a
key. I'm thinking of imitating the review mode feature in the old artic
vision program where pressing a through y takes you to the given line, a for
line 1, b for line 2, etc. Not having this feature has kept me from using
speakup for any serious work. Having the ability to move quickly to a given
point is a must for me.
Does speakup really not have an on-screen find? That would be long overdue
I'd say.