WARNING: Latest Linphone on Arch breaks device access

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Wed Sep 7 13:31:28 EDT 2016

It was a great suggestion, Chris. Unfortunately, it seems there's yet
another bug in how alsa handles usb devices.

I have 2 usb devices. No matter how I specify things, the card that gets
invoked is the first of those two.

Now, if I were really clever, I suppose I'd know how to write udev rules
to insure that the Sennheiser gets a lower card ID than the C-Media
device. This really should be an exact science, but my experience says
it's anything but.

Sigh.

Janina