If you pull the latest version of alpine

Mark Peveto markp at tiki7.com
Mon Oct 24 11:25:39 EDT 2016

Sorry for the cross posting, but I've been talking about this on
several lists, and can't remember where all I've posted.  Now this is
interesting.  First, you'll need to pull and install the
latest version of alpine.
git clone http://repo.or.cz/alpine.git
Run through these config steps.
cd alpine
./config --with-passfile=.pine-passfile.
make
sudo make install
After you've set up your mail account, don't change your editor or
anything.  Just compose a message.  If you hafta backspace, you'll note
that it now works!  Used to, especially when using espeakup, backspacing
was totally silent.
I'd written to a couple lists earlier this weekend that fenrir had
corrected the backspace issue, but that the alpine dev was having to fix
another issue for me.  Now that he has, backspacing now works even in
espeakup.
I'm still using fenrir mostly now, but it's nice to know folks have a
choice.

Mark Peveto
Registered Linux user number 600552
Everything happens after coffee!