Arch and Espeakup

Joseph C. Lininger devnull-speakup at pcdesk.net
Sat Oct 22 20:22:45 EDT 2016

Good evening folks,
I apologize if this is a duplicate question; perhaps people already know
about it because I've noticed it isn't a problem on just one machine.

Anyway, I've noticed that since an upgrade a couple months ago, espeakup
on Arch Linux is having problems. It quits speaking suddenly. I can
restart it by restarting the system service, but it will quit again
after a few minutes of typing. Also, with the latest upgrade to Linux
4.8 now it delays for about a minute restarting the service. I do that
too. Does anyone else have this problem, or is it something about my
configuration? It's happening on all machines on which I run Arch Linux
with espeakup.

Thanks in advance.
Joe