Intro, and, first question

Jacob Kruger jacob at blindza.co.za
Tue Nov 22 03:25:45 EST 2016

Ok, got it sorted - was playing around with amixer set commands, but,
after a couple of tries, switching microphone between sockets on USB
audio adapter, and, making sure everything was properly inserted, etc.,
it does now record the audio input from the microphone.

So, to try put this on-topic, yes, it had nothing to do with
speakUp...<smile>

On a side note, relating to speakUp, one other thing is since am trying
to handle this using just a USB numpad plugged in, since the keys there
get used by speakUp, I seem to need to hold in numlock key while then
typing in a sort of menu option, like 1, before hitting enter, but,
that's a minor thing that will just need to be explained to guys.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA