Status of kernel

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Tue Nov 15 12:07:32 EST 2016

qUOTING sAMUEL tHIBAULT, "Because there is special plumbing between the
serial console and the
serial drivers. Doing the same plumbing between speakup and serial
drivers would be very very frowned upon."

i WONDER IF WE SHOULD FROWN UPON THE FROWNERS AND TRY TO GET IT DONE, AS
HARDWARE SPEECH WOULD HELP A LOT.  wOULD IT WRECK THE KERNEL OR
SOMETHING?  aLTERNATIVELY, IS USING USB PROTS NOT A GOOD OPTION?

i'VE FINALLY DECIDED TO TRY TO LEARN c, HOPING i MIGHT KNOW ENOUGH TO
HELP DOWN THE ROAD.  iT WILL BE A WHILE EVEN AT BEST BEFORE i CAN BE
USEFUL, SO MAYBE IT WON'T MATTER BY THEN, BUT i'D LIKE TO DO MORE THAN
COMPLAIN.

tHANKS FOR ANY THOUGHTS.

aL