Status of kernel

Samuel Thibault samuel.thibault at ens-lyon.org
Fri Nov 11 11:27:50 EST 2016

Hello,

John Covici, on Fri 11 Nov 2016 05:59:23 -0500, wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Nov 2016 03:34:47 -0500,
> Samuel Thibault wrote:
> >
> > John Covici, on Thu 10 Nov 2016 20:35:02 -0500, wrote:
> > > What do you think of Dave  Borowski's mods to speakup?  He says he is
> > > working on a driver  to enable speakup to open any synth such as
> > > usbserial, etc.?  What are your thoughts on how to get this to work?
> >
> > I don't know about this work, where is it?
>
> It has been announced on the speakup list, or you can download his
> current mods from http://davidborowski.ddns.net

Ok, thanks.

So it is somehow a fork.  Are there plans to merge the upstream
changes in through a git tree or something?  There are various fixes
being brought from the kernel, it'd be a shame if we were having two
completely diverging trees...  And at some point, of course, David's
work need to be merged into the main kernel through proper patches so
it can benefit everybody without having to compile their own kernel.  I
know it'll very probably look very tedious, but that's how things have
work in any kind of software project, to provide proper quality.

Samuel