espeakup

Mark Peveto southernprince73 at gmail.com
Thu May 26 14:24:31 EDT 2016

Here's the error I was talking about earlier.

Back story:  I'm trying to get console speech.  Since i can't right now,
I'm doing this from a terminal, which reads badly. Once I type sudo
espeakup, it'll read the top of the console screen, and the login prompt
asking for a username.  After that it gives an error which i'll post.  I
know it's a pulseaudio problem.  Most suggest I get rid of pulseaudio,
and if that's the only solution there is, I guess i'll have to, but that
creates more problems when it comes to having the system rediscover new
sound drivers.  Long explanation short, it jacks things up!

Error follows.

[southernprince at roxie ~]$ sudo espeakup
[sudo] password for southernprince:
[southernprince at roxie ~]$ Assertion 'p' failed at pulse/simple.c:273,
function pa_simple_write(). Aborting.

It should be noted here that the error does not appear until I start to
type.  It reads the login prompt, and once i hit the s for
southernprinc, my username, the error appears.  If I could figure out
how, I might turn keyecho off, which I wanna do anyway, but I don't know
if that'd help anything.

There ya have it folks.