Linux on access technology

Tom Fowle wa6ivgtf at fastmail.fm
Tue May 24 23:31:47 EDT 2016

I worked on a project to try to develop a TTY modem for the Braille Lite,
Dean was extremely tight about giving me any info about how the lite was
done.  I believe they used a Hitachi HD64180 microprocessor which was a Z80
offshoot. Pretty sure they had no more than about 2 megs of ram and probably
64K of eprom Don't know about the clockspeed but bet it was pretty kreeky.
I don't believe it was ever field upgradable, Dean said something to me
about using Ymodem to upload programs and having nothing but trouble with
it.
Considering the instability of the hardware I think it'd be a bucket of
squashed worms.
Tom fowle