Fedora23 workstation install

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Fri May 13 22:53:02 EDT 2016

There is no such widget in fedora installer so far as I know.  What
repeatedly happens on both fedora23workstation-x86-64 and
fedora24workstation-x86-64-beta is I enter a password for root then I
can hit enter or tab and enter the same password for confirmation and
then hit the _done button and am repeatedly told root password not set
user account will not be created.  The downloaded beta version was from
bittorrent and Fedora23 was through wget since I couldn't find a torrent
for that iso.

If the fedora spins ever include the orca dependency stack, and if those
install better than workstation, I'll be able to run orca on kde and
start testing jovie and kaccessible but there doesn't appear to be any
interest in that by spin developers.

I thought in light of the difficulties that prompted this thread Fedora
had length and character requirements for root passwords like navy
passwords used to be 14 characters long and you had to have two upper
two lower two numbers and two symbols in them.