New features for speakup

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Fri May 6 06:18:10 EDT 2016

Hi,

Sorry if this seems ungreatful, but why are you posting this without patches
or kernel packages? In other words, I, as with many others, would be very
interested in your work, but how are we supposed to try it? As you know, the
point of free software is to make your work freely available for anyone to
hack on and use, whether that's in git, a tar archive, etc. You say you have
a modified 4.5 kernel, but for what distro? I've built kernels before and I
don't mind applying your patches, but how and where do I find them? It
sounds like you obviously care about Speakup and put a lot of time into it,
but as Samuel says, we don't want your work to get lost. If there are bugs,
let the community work on fixing them. I'm afraid it's vaporware. I don't
mean to sound negative, but I've seen too many cases of great feature lists
but no actual code. All that said, I would really like to try your modified
kernel if there is a way to get it. I could possibly provide hosting for you
if that's an issue. Feel free to write to the address in my signature.
Thanks for your work and I'm sure all of us are eagerly awaiting your code
releases and patches!