Installing Slackware Without Hardware Synthesizer

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 2 16:34:27 EST 2016

If you wrote a hardware speechsynthesizer emulator, it would  be useful
in another way. If you are booting a server, most of which have serial
ports, you could use a null modem cable to make a laptop act like a
hardware speech synthesizer. In other words, anyone could build their
own hardware speech synthesizer by installing your emulator on a laptop
and connecting it to the other machine with a null modem cable. If you
did it right, it would work with
jaws too.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org