Installing Slackware Without Hardware Synthesizer

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Wed Mar 2 11:44:16 EST 2016

One more thing that might be worth considering is a serial console
install.  This would probably be way easier than manually reproducing
the steps performed by the slackware installer. you'd need another
computer and a null-modem cable. Oh,and both machines have to have
serial ports.
Tip: Null-modem cables are a glut on the market in used computer stores.
New, they are about $5. But there is no reason to pay more than a dollar
for one of those thingsat a used computer store.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org