Installing Slackware Without Hardware Synthesizer

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Wed Mar 2 11:08:49 EST 2016

Download and use slackware_current as a base and basis point for this
work.  Slackware 14.1 doesn't even work with software speech and
slackware_current may have a more modern kernel or kernels for you to
use.  Another possibility may be you have to have generated a good
initrd file for any screen reader to work any more with slackware.  I
don't know that this is the case, but if so the speakup-install.txt and
speakup.txt files could certainly do with some updating.