espeakup alsa errors

Gregory Nowak greg at gregn.net
Tue Jun 28 19:19:08 EDT 2016

On Wed, Jun 29, 2016 at 12:42:45AM +0200, Kristoffer Gustafsson wrote:
> there must be a bug somewhere in debian, both in stable and testing.
> should I report this?

No. Alsa picks card order how it likes. It's been that way for
ages. That's probably for the best too, since someone's new awesome
solution to deal with that issue isn't bound to be so awesome for
everyone else out there.

> Everyone should need to do this?
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=123902

That's debatable.

> I'll remember this, but everyone else.

They'll have to do their own research, and figure it out the way you
did. I think that's one of the better, if not best, ways to learn
things.

Greg

--
web site: http://www.gregn.net