Hello

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 7 16:41:11 EDT 2016

Well, the login info is on there alright but it's pretty well hidden.
Once I was able to log in as root, I was able to get speakup working
with software speech. No luck with my Tripletalk hardware synth though.
We had a thread about serial port hardware synths just a few months ago.
IIRC, you had to put something in grub. I never got that to work and it
doesn't apply here anyway. But I see there is a /dev/ttyS0 and I believe
the most recent speakup patches require you to keep the kernel from
creating a /dev/ttyS0 before they can load a speakup hardware synt
driver module.

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org