Arch & UEFI [Was: Bug on missing staging modules rpm]

Janina Sajka janina at rednote.net
Sat Jul 23 10:27:46 EDT 2016

Hi,

Just last night I finally got my system booting successfully. It turns
out that swapping usb sticks on this particular board could cause the
UEFI boot order settings to get shuffled. One of these shuffles appears
to have put me back in legacy mode, so I took advantage of that to have
gdisk return me to mbr. A quick install of grub, and I'm booting just
fine.

Further searching turns up people with similar boards having issues with
UEFI as well--so clearly not something Arch related. I may try again
after, and if I get my firmware fully updated. Unfortunately, Asrock's
support pages aren't very friendly to work with, so that will have to
await sighted assistance.

Thanks for your help. I feel I've a pretty good handle on efistub and
systemd booting. I just can't do it on this machine. But, I'm at least
up and running, which is what really matters!

Janina