centos and speakup

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Mon Jan 11 16:27:06 EST 2016

There is a Ubuntu kickstart file that was put up on a web page several
years ago.  That file is tuned for British users, but has many useful
settings in it.  I once used ks=<url> where I keyed in the url to boot
the installer disk and had the installer go to that url and install
ubuntu for me using that file.  I had to change some things after that
like country and keyboard configuration and timezone but the install was
successful.  I think maybe ks=/dev/fd0/ks.cfg would work if the ks.cfg
file was in root directory of your first floppy drive too but could be
wrong about that since I never found anything in documentation like a
specific example that stated this would work.

The ks.cfg file is edited with a text editor too.