Installing Debian with Espeakup

Alonzo Cuellar mariachiac at gmail.com
Mon Jan 4 04:19:37 EST 2016

Hello,
My brother wanted me to try Debian on his laptop. The installer boots and I
press "s" for software speech. The installer brings up a text installer,
but no speech. I tried this on a DVD image of Jessie and a net install of
testing. The net install of testing was yesterday's image. My question is
how can you choose card 1 so I can hear Espeakup? You'd have to setup
/etc/asond.conf, but does the Debian installer have a way of doing this? Or
can I immidiately activate it some how with amixer?

Alonzo

Sent with AquaMail for Android
http://www.aqua-mail.com