Possible work around to the hardware synthesizer problem

Shawn Kirkpatrick shawn at shawnk.ca
Mon Feb 29 09:21:54 EST 2016

I assume you're talking about indexing working with speakup and not orca?
What version of speakup are you using? I don't see how indexing could be
working since the soft synth driver doesn't seem to send any codes that
would allow it to work. Unless things have changed pretty recently. In that
case writing indexing support in to my program probably wouldn't be that
hard. Of course not all hardware synths will do indexing anyway.