Help with serial synths in 4.X kernels

covici at ccs.covici.com covici at ccs.covici.com
Wed Feb 24 12:53:21 EST 2016

I got a more definite answer from someone  in kernel development -- I
cannot remember who -- but he said that the serial driver should be
written like a hardware device driver and obey all the appropriate
protocols thereof, so if we can figure out, say, how the uart driver
registers the port and have the speakup driver do the exact same thing,
maybe this would work much better.