Help with serial synths in 4.X kernels

Tony Baechler tony at baechler.net
Wed Feb 24 06:28:35 EST 2016

First, 4.3 is considered stable which is why I picked it. We're already up
to 4.3.3 which fixes bugs in earlier 4.3.X releases. Second, I'm not sure
which patch you mean, but if you're referring to John's patch on his build
instructions page which modifies serialio.c, yes, I applied it first to the
vanilla sources and it locked up the machine. I didn't apply it after
backporting the latest Speakup source from the staging tree because I didn't
think it was necessary. I think some of Samuel's patches didn't get
accepted, thus leaving serial synth support still broken.