[Support] status of our new images and a request (fwd)

Al Sten-Clanton albert.e.sten_clanton at verizon.net
Mon Feb 15 18:19:39 EST 2016

I had to reinstall on my Linux machine, and I went with Jesse.  I
followed the Debian accessibility directions on getting Pulseaudio out
of the way so that I could continue to use Speakup.  I found that both
Speakup and Orca spoke, but I also found that I couldn't get sound when
I tried to listen to streaming on

radio.macinmind.org

using the HTML 5 player.  I got Pulseaudio working again, disabled the
espeakup service, and created a script to get Speakup talking after I've
logged in.  I didn't have the non-playing audio problem on my previous
set-up, where I used Arch Linux and no Pulseaudio (and brought up the
GUI with startx), so I don't know what I may have done wrong here.  I do
at least have Speakup available, but will be glad for any thoughts on this.

Al