postfix w/ courier authdaemon+authmysqldaemon error

Juan Hernandez juanhernandez98 at gmail.com
Thu Aug 25 19:11:38 EDT 2016

Hello All,

I am about ready to drop my server off a cliff.

I am trying to find out why my imap server courier-imap will not authenticate.

I am using authmysqldaemon for authentication for mysql.

I've configured my authmysqldaemonrc file properly.

I am getting an error about mysql_select_db(postfix.) is an incorrect database name.

I don't know what is going on.  I see that in the error that it says the database 'postfix.' Is incorrect.  Why is it putting a dot after the db name? I've checked my config files and I just can't seem to figure this out.

Below is my mail.err file, the last few entries.

Aug 25 17:47:09 hermes authdaemond: authmysql: mysql_select_db(postfix.) error: Incorrect database name 'postfix.'

I get the above error everytime I try and login via imap with one of the accounts.

Thanks for any help.