you really do not want to upgrade to alsa-lib 1.1.2

Jude DaShiell jdashiel at panix.com
Tue Aug 9 11:30:15 EDT 2016

Chris, thanks much!  I was wondering what took down my talkingarch
system!  Fortunately I have the downgrade script installed so I can not
only downgrade alsalib but also put it on the ignore list until further
notice.  Something that wasn't mentioned in archlinux documentation was
if you want to take something off the ignore list explicitly install it
with the -S option and answer yes to the prompt about the package being
on the ignore list and you get the package installed.