you really do not want to upgrade to alsa-lib 1.1.2

Jason White jason at jasonjgw.net
Tue Aug 9 08:11:45 EDT 2016

Chris Brannon <chris at the-brannons.com> wrote:
> So alsa-lib 1.1.2 breaks a couple things that use espeak,
> notably both espeakup and the espeak speech server for emacspeak.
> You'll start to have lockups after a bit of use.

I have a long-running espeakup process here which, now that I give it more
thought, may have been started prior to the 1.1.2 upgrade and may still be
using the older version of the library.

Perhaps I shouldn't kill and restart it for testing purposes, although I will
if anyone wants testing done - I have a braille display connected, so the
absence of speech output wouldn't be a major concern.