Talking bootloader

tim isfeldt at gmail.com
Sat Aug 6 17:46:29 EDT 2016

In opensuse 11.0 there was a talking boot menu, I have no idea how it
was done I believe using g something I don't remember the name right off
hand. but you pressed f11 and it using espeak, as it's speech said
Welcome to Opensuse 11.0.  if you arrowed around, it announced hard
drive, cd drive etc, and like normal, you press enter on the one you
wanted.  There's little if any docks about it from what I've been able
to tell, but I ran it several years ago a live cd/dvd and it spoke! you
might google opensuse talking boot menu or something, if I find anything
I'll post back here, its the only distro I know of to have such a
feature that doesn't rely on a separate hardware synth, someone correct
me if wrong.