udev rules to load speakup drivers

Zachary Kline zkline at speedpost.net
Wed Aug 3 12:20:54 EDT 2016

John,

May I ask how one could use this to get Speakup talking via the Dectalk USB? The impression I got is that the driver will only work with physical serial ports. Thus, this is only really useful if one wants to connect the synth via both USB and physical serial at the same time.

If I’m wrong, and this will work with USB to serial adaptors, I’d love to be corrected.
Thanks,
Zack.