problem LOADING LITETALK DRIVER

John G Heim jheim at math.wisc.edu
Mon Aug 1 13:04:39 EDT 2016

Are you aware of the bug that causes the litetalk driver to fail to load
because of a conflict with the way the kernel keeps track of what is
using the serial port? I think this bug or feature has been in the
kernel since the 2.6 release. There are different workarounds depending
on your kernel version. Poke around in the syslog for an error message.
Or do the following and post it here:

# tail -f /var/log/syslog &
# modprobe speakup_ltlk

John G. Heim; jheim at math.wisc.edu; sip://jheim@sip.linphone.org